Statewide Membership Council Member Participation Protocols
Statewide Membership Council (SMC) Members must maintain active involvement in chapters and regularly, at least monthly, review SMC Facebook/Google Groups or communicate w/ Co-Chairs to stay up to date.
- Facebook Group: Setup as private, only members, supporters, and staff can see who is in it and use it. The Group is used for sharing information and discussions in between meetings, voting, and to RSVP for upcoming meetings. At least one member and one supporter per chapter must be in the Group. Please ask Jude or either of the Co-Chairs to add new members.
- Google Group: Setup as private, only members, supporters, and staff can see who is in it and use it. The Group is used for sharing information and discussions in between meetings, voting, and to RSVP for upcoming meetings. At least one member and one supporter per chapter must be in the Group. Please ask Jude or either of the Co-Chairs to add new members. All members of the Group are enabled to send email to the entire Group: email@example.com
- Web Page for Chapters: This private page, only those with the link may view it for up to date meeting information.
Quarterly Meeting Details & Schedule
10am-3pm on the Saturday dates below
*Subject to change, check Facebook/Google Groups and SMC Page for Chapters regularly!
- Winter: Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Spring: Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Summer: Saturday, June 2, 2018
- Fall: Saturday, September 8, 2018 *Note: 2nd Saturday
East Bay Community Foundation
James Irvine Conference Center, 2nd Fl.
353 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland
Chapters shall coordinate their own transportation, as able. Any chapters needing assistance shall contact their Regional Coordinator.
- Airport: Oakland (OAK)
- Amtrak: Jack London Square, Oakland (OKJ)
- Greyhound: Oakland
CYC reserves a small block of hotel rooms at the Marriott City Center, Oakland for chapters for the night before and night of meetings. The discounted rate CYC has negotiated is $139 before taxes (subject to change at discretion of hotel). If your chapter needs lodging, reserved rooms are made available on a first come, first served basis and must be requested no later than 2 weeks before each meeting. Requests must be emailed to Marie Ary, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may reach Marie by phone: Desk: 415-857-9871 or Cell: 916-821-3992.
- Full name(s)
- List roommates or indicate yes/no willing to be matched w/ a roommate from another chapter
- Arrival and departure dates
- How the room(s) will be paid for
To ensure availability of adequate materials and food, it is mandatory for each chapter to RSVP 2 weeks prior to each SMC meeting. If you are unable to attend after you have already submitted RSVP, please inform Jude or Co-Chair. Please RSVP 2 weeks before each meeting (provide chapter and member name(s) on SMC Facebook group, SMC Google Group or directly to:
Jude Koski, Conference & Training Manager
If you have any questions or special requests regarding accessibility or food allergies, please contact Jude and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.