Summer Leadership & Policy Conference 2021 (SLPC21)
CYC is excited to announce that this year’s SLPC registration is NOW OPEN! We hope to create a dynamic and powerful youth-led conference experience. Registration is open to all CYC members, current and former foster youth (ages 14-24), volunteer supporters, and community partners. We will be using Zoom as our virtual platform for workshops and bonding activities.
Friday, July 23rd – Fun Friday, an in-person REGIONAL event (optional). Reach out to your Community Advocacy Coordinator (CAC) for more information. Please remember to bring your mask!
Saturday, July 24th – Virtual Sessions
Sunday, July 25th – Virtual Sessions
Monday, July 26th – Members Present to Partners
**Members/Youth need to register by July 14th in order to receive a T-Shirt for the Fun Friday event**
Free All-Inclusive Registration, Per Person, Includes:
- Fun Friday July 23rd (In-person event) – regional outdoor bonding activities held from 12-5pm.
- Virtual Workshops – interactive sessions created for Members/Youth and Supporters held on Saturday and Sunday.
- Online Bonding Activities – held on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Meal Cards (Members/Youth ages 14-24) – a W-9 form needs to be on file to receive meal cards during the virtual sessions Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Contact your Community Advocacy Coordinator (CAC) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a W-9 form.
- Conference Program E-Book – includes session links, daily agenda, facilitator bios, etc.
- Conference Keepsakes (Members/Youth ages 14-24) – this year’s conference SWAG includes t-shirt, bag, sticker and MORE!
Conference Workshops & Sessions
SATURDAY, JULY 24th
Welcome – 10:00am to 10:55am
This year’s conference will focus on racial equity. Before we start, join us and learn some basics on the topics of race, build strategies for getting the most out of each workshop, and engage in some conference self care.
SunDAY, JULY 25th
MonDAY, JULY 26th
Saturday, July 24th from 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Among Us- a game of survival, where you have to vote off all the imposters and complete tasks. The imposter has to get rid of all the crewmates or stop them from completing the designated task to win.
- Snacks and scary stories- share your scary or just a funny story.
- Virtual Dance Party
Sunday, July 25th from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- CYC Talent Show- what are your hidden talents? Singing, spoken word, magic tricks etc…
- Gartic Phone – https://garticphone.com
Listen to music- What’s your favorite genre??
CYC members, facilitators, emcees, and volunteers
Please contact your Community Advocacy Coordinator as soon as possible if you have any conference related questions or concerns.