DAY AT THE CAPIToL (DAC) 2021
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH – MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND
This year California Youth Connection’s annual three-day Day at the Capitol (DAC) conference will be a dynamic and powerful youth-led virtual experience. During the conference, members and supporters will attend workshops led by CYC member facilitators.
Youth from each chapter will learn about the legislative process, understand the policy topics, and prepare to communicate personal connections related to our policy agenda. CYC community partners and system-involved advocates are invited to hear a presentation from current and former foster youth with their agenda to transform the foster care system through legislative, policy, and practice change.
Day at the Capital is also a space that offers workshops designated for Volunteer Supporters that focus on building the supporter community, understanding policy strategy, youth-centered methodology, and effective local organizing.
We look forward to seeing you all for a weekend packed with peer-to-peer learning and transformation. Through your participation and leadership you will educate policymakers on the needs of young people experiencing foster care.
Online registration is now open to all CYC youth, volunteer supporters and community parters. A registration form is required for each individual to participate.
- Peer to Peer Learning through Workshops and Legislative Visits
- Community Building and Fun Activities
- Conference Keepsakes: SWAG Bag, Program E-Booklet, T-Shirt, Stickers and more
- Meal E-Card for Members per Day (A full day of attendance on Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be required). You will need to fill out a W-9 form prior to receiving your meal allowance. The form can be found under Important Documents.
- Don’t miss out on the Surprise Raffles during each workshop (processed through Cash App). Must be present to win.
- Child Activity Kits for Members with children
ATTENTION: Members, Volunteer Supporters, and BOD, please register by 5:00pm, January 29th in order to receive a T-Shirt for this year’s legislative visits.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please reach out to your Community Advocacy Coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form W-9 (Members Only)
FAR NORTHERN REGION
Del Norte, Hoopa, and Humboldt
Butte, Glenn, Shasta, Tehama, Yuba, Sutter, Sacramento, Sonoma, and Yolo
BAY AREA REGION
Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara
CENTRAL VALLEY REGION
Fresno, Kings, Madera, Merced, and Stanislaus
LOS ANGELES REGION
Antelope Valley, Long Beach, Pasadena, Pomona, South L.A., and Whittier
Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and Ventura