Members and Supporters help to make the conference fun, safe, and wildly successful by reviewing, agreeing, and following the outlined expectations. Your participation is greatly appreciated!
Conduct and Participation Agreement
- Be present in body and spirit, and mutually supportive of one another.
- Demonstrate respect for self, and others throughout the conference.
- Alcohol or drug use, weapons, violence, and disrespectful or illegal behavior are prohibited.
- Remain engaged for the entire conference agenda.
- Actively participate in and be on time for all scheduled workshops and activities throughout conference.
- Frequent communication between chapter Members and Supporters throughout the conference is encouraged by sharing information, asking questions, listening, offering support, guidance, feedback, etc.
- Supporters shall be prepared to support Members’ work on the foster care policy agenda, maintain an open mind, and desire to learn.
- Members shall be prepared to work on the foster care policy agenda, maintain an open mind, and desire to learn.
Healthy Boundaries and Community
This policy seeks to create a safe space for all members and supporters, where healthy and appropriate boundaries are upheld. While sexuality is a healthy and important part of young people’s lives, there are times and places where sexual behavior is inappropriate and exclusive relationships detract from the community. All Members and Supporters must abide by the following policy:
Any harassment or assault regarding race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or disability will not be tolerated. Such harassment includes unsolicited remarks, gestures, and display or circulation of written materials or derogatory pictures directed at any of these categories. In addition, sexual advances or sexual assault i.e. jokes, explicit or offensive pictures, requests for sexual favors, sexting, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment/assault.