UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please visit the member site regularly for updates and announcements!
2019 Summer Leadership & Policy Conference (19SLPC)
Friday, July 26 – Monday, July 29, 2019
Cal State University, Bakersfield 9001 Stockdale Hwy Bakersfield, CA 93311
All-Inclusive Registration, Per Person, Includes:
- Workshop Track for Members & Supporters
- Entertainment & Activities
- Conference Keepsakes: Program, T-Shirt, Bag & Sticker
- 3 Nights On-Campus Dormitory Lodging & Parking
- 9 Meals (Friday Dinner, Saturday-Sunday Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner; Monday Breakfast & Lunch)
- Linens (Sheets,pillow, blanket, towel)
- Early Bird Rate – $485 per person (Deadline – June 23, 2019)
- Regular Rate – $550 per person (Deadline – June 30, 2019)
- Late Rate – $700 per person (Deadline – July 5, 2019)
From the Central Valley CYC Office- 1625 E. Shaw Fresno, CA 93710
CA-168 from Cedar Ave. (6min)
Follow CA-99 S to Stockdale Hwy in Bakersfield. Take the Stockdale Hwy exit from CA-58 E (1hr 41min)
Follow Stockdale Hwy to Don Hart Dr W (8min)
From the Norcal CYC Office- 744 P Street Sacramento, CA 95814
I-5 S (2min); Follow I-5 S to Calloway Dr in Bakersfield. Take the Calloway Dr S exit from Westside Pkwy (4hr 4min);
Follow Calloway Dr and Stockdale Hwy to Don Hart Dr W (2min)
From the Oakland Office- 1611 Telegraph Ave. Oakland, CA 94612
I-980 E from 16th St (4min); Take I-580 E and I-5 S to Calloway Dr in Bakersfield; Take Calloway Dr S exit from Westside Pkwy (3hr 56min); Follow Calloway Dr and Stockdale Hwy to Don Hart Dr W (2min)
From the SOCAL Office- 3530 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90010
US-101 N/Hollywood Fwy (9min); Take I-5 N and CA-99 to Ming Ave Bakersfield to exit 23 from CA-99N (1hr 36min); Continue on Ming Ave. Drive to Kroll Way (9min)
United Airlines from Eureka, CA (ACV) to Fresno, CA (FAT)
Friday, July 26th- Depart Eureka @6am – Arrive Fresno @8:49am
Local Airport near CSU Bakersfield
Burbank Bob Hope Airport
2627 N. Hollywood Way Burbank, CA
(Bob Hope Airport) to CSU Bakersfield
(1hr 46 min drive or 101 mi)
601 Truxtun Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
For transportation from Amtrak to campus … please contact your Regional Coordinator before travel.
Drive from Fresno Airport to CSU Bakersfield (2hr 47min)
Turn left onto E Clinton Way; Continue onto N Peach Ave; Turn right to merge onto CA-180 W; Merge onto CA-180 W; Take the Paso Robles exit toward Hwy 41 S; Merge onto CA-41 S; Take the exit onto CA-99 S toward Bakersfield/Los Angeles; Keep left to stay on CA-99 S; Keep right at the fork to continue on CA-58 E, follow signs for Stockdale Hwy/Mojave/Tehachapi; Take the Stockdale Hwy exit toward Brundage Ln/Cal State Univ Turn right onto Stockdale Hwy Pass by Burger King (on the right in 3.0 mi); Turn left onto Don Hart Dr W
*Supporters who flew in from Eureka/Humboldt will drive (2hr 47min) from CSU Bakersfield @10am on TUESDAY to Fresno Airport (FAT)*
United Airlines Fresno, CA (FAT) to Eureka, CA (ACV)
Tuesday, July 30th- Depart Fresno @2:35pm – Arrive Arcata @7:28p
*ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 24, 2019 AND CLOSES JULY 5, 2019!*
Please read the 19SLPC Informational Flyer for more information on Financial Assistance Program, Lodging, and Payment Policies.
Online Registration Instructions
- Select 1 supporter (attending conf) to be your chapter’s Chapter Conference Coordinator (CCC) & manage the registration process.
- CCC visits the online registration link and registers each attending member, peer mentor & supporter.
- This person will be responsible for checking in the chapter during the “on site” registration period at the conference.
CONFERENCE FORMS TO DOWNLOAD, COMPLETE IN ADVANCE, & BRING TO ALL CONFERENCES
Member Conference Required Forms
- Conference Budget Planning Tool – For planning
- Minor Permission Form – For members under the age of 18.
- New Membership Form – New members only
- Member Update Form
- CYC Event Liability and Photo/Video Release Form
- Conference Expectations & Policies Form – Approved by Advisory Board Jan. 2018
Supporter Conference Required Forms
*If payer of conference fees requests/requires email email@example.com to receive the following forms:
- 2019 Form W-9
- 2019 Form 590
QUESTIONS? CONTACT OUR CONFERENCE REGISTRAR OR REGIONAL COORDINATOR
FAR NORTHERN • Butte, Humboldt, Shasta, Tehama, Glenn, Yolo, Yuba, and Sutter
CENTRAL VALLEY REGION • Fresno, Kings, Madera, Merced, San Luis Obispo, and Stanislaus firstname.lastname@example.org
LOS ANGELES REGION • Antelope Valley, Central, Long Beach, Pasadena, and South email@example.com
SOUTHERN REGION • Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, and Ventura firstname.lastname@example.org