How to Support CYC's Legislative and Policy Issues
Listed below are some of the ways you can support CYC's legislative and policy work.:
- Join our community email list to stay up to date on CYC legislation. To join, please email your contact information to email@example.com and request to join our community email list.
- Write letters of support and make phone calls to legislators to support CYC sponsored bills and others that CYC supports; and let legislators know which bills not to support as well.
- Make sure child welfare is funded in federal, state, and local governments by contacting your statewide representatives.
- Advocate for CYC's current and former policy recommendations.
- Invite CYC members to participate in meetings, presentations etc. where youth need to be heard.
- Contact any of CYC's policy staff to get involved in the local policy work or statewide policy work.
- Become a CYC Supporter.
- Donate to help a youth attend a policy conference/ training.